Having just eaten lunch at Kneaders I was struck with a really cool idea: I’m going to make my own Kneaders-like meal, doing as much from scratch as is reasonable. This would include the following:
- The Sandwich
- Vegetables: grow the lettuce, tomatoes, herbs, onions, sprouts, etc.
- Bread: not milling my own wheat or anything, but baking the bread on my own
- Cheese: can I make cheese?
[I won’t bother trying to do the meats or the eggs (for mayonaise) on my own]
- Soup: grow some broccoli and make a cream of broccoli soup, or grow potatoes and make potato soup
- Pickles: pickled from my own cucumbers
- Potato chips: made from my own potatoes
Since I haven’t been growing the right vegetables I’ll do it next year.
Leave a Reply